4 Adora tomatoes
30 g Caster sugar
100 g Strawberries
1 Vanilla (pod)
Quick shortbread biscuit:
150 g Petits Beurre biscuits
75 g Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter.
- Crush the Petits Beurre biscuits.
- Combine the two to create a smooth mixture.
- On a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper, use a cutter to make the shortbread biscuit bases (pat down with a spoon in the cutter).
- Bake for 20 minutes and leave to cool.
- Prepare the caramel: in a saucepan, melt the sugar over a low heat without stirring to avoid any lumps. When the sugar begins to melt, delicately swirl the saucepan from the centre outwards.
- When the sugar is completely melted and the caramel is turning brown, add the juice of the limes and the vanilla pod (seeds and empty pod).
- Leave over a low heat to blend.
- At the same time, cut off the “tops” of the Adora tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Poach the tomatoes for 1 to 2 minutes in the caramel, remove and leave to cool.
- Prepare a strawberry tartare: cut the strawberries into small dice, mix with the grenadine seeds.
- Fill each tomato with the fruit mixture.
- Before serving, place the stuffed tomatoes on a shortbread biscuit and pour over the lime caramel.
- Grate a little lime zest over the tomato and serve immediately.
this recipe can be made with seasonal fruit (kiwi, orange, tropical fruit, etc.) and the caramel can be prepared with other fruit juices (pineapple, orange, passion fruit, etc.).
The quick shortbread biscuit can also be made with Speculaas for even more flavour, or pink Reims biscuits for a more feminine look.