250 g Watermelon flesh
3 Peeled Adora tomatoes
10 Tabasco (drops)
100 g Ricotta
Pink peppercorns to taste
4 Basil (leaves)
Fleur de sel to taste
- Peel the tomatoes as described above. Remove the seeds and cut into large pieces.
- Cut the watermelon flesh into large cubes.
- Put the fruit and basil in a blender or in a large bowl and blend.
- Season with a few drops of Tabasco to your taste.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve in small glasses or pretty soup plates, top with crumbled ricotta, a few finely chopped basil leaves, the pink peppercorns and a pinch of fleur de sel.
- Can be served with grissini which would add a touch of crunch to the dish.
This gazpacho can be frozen to create a granita, for even more freshness. The combination of Adora tomato, which is not very sour, and watermelon works very well. The ricotta can be replaced by fresh goat’s cheese for a more earthy flavour.